< Go Back
In 2019, AMERICAN Castings installed a new automated paint line. The Therma-Tron-X SST® paint finishing material handling system was chosen for its ability to index parts with a slide rail system with a relatively small foot print. Product can be lowered and raised from load bars that move through the processing tanks.
The system consists of:
- 5-stage alkaline clean and nano pre-treat capability
- Cathodic epoxy electrocoat system using PPG’s latest AdvantEdge Cationic Epoxy Electrocoat
- Fully automated rectifier with enough throw power to deposit up to a 1.5 mil thickness of paint
- Automatic paint and chemical feeds
- 2-stage post rinse
- Gas fired oven with separate dehydration and curing zones to fully cure the paint
In addition to the paint line, we have a fully equipped lab to ensure all parameters are kept within the paint manufacturers’ recommended specifications.
We are open to prime paint any project you have whether we cast the product or not. We can provide primer on most parts even if you already have a stable casting source. Please feel free to contact AMERICAN Castings for any of your paint needs.
We use PPG Powercron 6100HE Electrocoat High Performance Catatonic Epoxy Technology Providing Uniform High-Edge Coverage of Complex Parts